Saturday, February 18, 2012

Organic Banana Nut Bread Recipe

Are you a banana and chocolate lover? If you are then you'll most definitely enjoy this recipe by Chef John. I love Banana Nut Bread and tend to bake it whenever I have some very ripe ones on hand. In all these years of making it though, I have never experimented with adding chocolate until I stumbled upon this recipe. And being such a dark chocolate addict, how could I have resisted this experiment? Actually, the addition of the chocolate has taken Banana Nut Bread to a whole new level. And suffice it to say, I'm never going to omit this star ingredient from my recipe in future bakings.


To try this recipe, please follow along with Chef John's video and blog post.



I have tweaked the recipe slightly by adding raisins, currants and chopped pieces of chocolate instead of chocolate chips. After mashing the bananas I also squeezed a bit of lemon juice over top to prevent the bananas from turning brown. And as pictured, I used pretty much all organic ingredients.





If you decide to give this a go, kindly let me know how you liked it, will ya?


Happy Baking!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: