Monday, March 7, 2011

Goodbye dull looking skin!




  
Does your facial skin appear a little dull? If so, here's a quick tip for you, one that I have effectively used since I was a teenager. Today is just one of those days that I feel the need for perking up my skin and thought that I should share my remedy with you as well.

As most of you know, I'm a DIY enthusiast and always have been especially when it comes to taking care of my skin. I prefer using raw and fresh ingredients as much as possible. This enables me to also avoid toxic laden products.

This natural treatment would also be ideal for those of you who battle acne. For this treatment, you'll need to grab some good quality honey(about 1 tablespoon), preferably Manuka or Raw and the juice of half a lemon.

The next step is simply combining the two ingredients then using your fingers, apply to your cleansed face. Allow it to sit and do it's magic for about 15-20 minutes before washing off with warm water. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer.

Lemon juice is a natural form of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) which loosens and dissolves dead skin cells from the skin's surface and help to regenerate new skin cells. AHA's controls acne and smooths rough dry skin, making it ideal for ageing skin. Overall, your skin will retain moisture while leaving your skin healthy and vibrant. Honey being a humectant, attracts and retains moisture to the skin which will leave it hydrated and alive.

One tip about using any form of acids on your skin: Never go out into the sun without SPF since your skin will be suseptible to sunburn. Always protect using a straight SPF or a moisturizer containing zinc or titanium dioxide.

This happens to be one of those no-fail masks/treatments that has always done wonders for my dull looking skin. You should give it a try.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: