Monday, March 5, 2012

Navitas Naturals Product Review

I'm a firm believer: "You are what you eat!" 
I also believe by making wise food choices, healthy eating will soon be transformed into a habit. Of course choosing the right foods can be daunting for some especially if you lead a busy life or are constantly on-the-go. With such a lifestyle it is quite easy to go off track but with SUPERfoods at our disposal these days, this can be easily changed.

SUPERfoods are packed with potent essential vitamins and minerals that are required for your bodily functions.  This makes it so vital to introduce SUPERfoods into your diet. When it comes to choosing the right SUPERfood, you've got choices since they are available in the form of snacks, supplements etc. Just be sure to  choose products that are Certified Organic and either freeze dried, sun dried or processed at low temperatures. SUPERfoods in these forms retain all or most of their nutritional value.

During my quest to source a brand that delivered in the areas mentioned above, I learnt about Navitas Naturals.
 
Navitas Naturals is a Certified Organic one-stop-shop for a wide variety of unique SUPERfoods, trail mixes, smoothie blends, healthy raw snacks, nuts, seeds and much more.

Here is a sample of the products you can expect to source at their online store: Acai powder, Cacao powder, Cashews, Camu powder, Chia, Chocolate Kits, Coconut oil, Goji berries, Golden berries, Flax, Hemp, Lucuma, Maca, Maqui, Mesquite, Mulberry,Pomegranate powder, Nori, Palm sugar, Yacon Syrup, Stevia powder, Wheatgrass and more.

Most importantly, Navitas' range of products are all handled in a Certified Organic and Kosher facility. 

Below are my thoughts on each product that I was able to sample:



Mulberry Berries (Sundried White Mulberries) Turkish Superfruit

Health Benefits: High in Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Resveratrol & Iron
Price: $5.99 for 4 ounces
Suggested Uses: Can be added to smoothies, shakes, granola, oatmeal, cookies and desserts. These berries are 100% certified organic, kosher, vegan, raw, gluten-free and contain no preservatives. 
Taste and texture: Both remind me of figs and dates. It has a nice balance of sweetness which I like and  one of those dried fruit that's full of flavor all the way. Texture wise, I'd say it's a combination of crunchy and chewy.

My Verdict: This has become one of my newest addictions and plan on ordering several bags at a time. YUM-O!  These are perfect for a child's Birthday party or snack on the go.

Sweet Raw Chocolate Nibs

Health Benefits: High in Antioxidants, Iron & Magnesium
Price: $6.99 for 4 ounces
Suggested Uses: Can be added to cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, ice cream, cookies, smoothies, shakes and coffee.  In my opinion, this would be a star ingredient in any chocolate based dessert. These sweet treats contain only 100% certified organic ingredients that are kosher, gluten-free, vegan, and raw.
Taste/Texture: In terms of taste, this is undoubtedly a unique combination of chocolate, coffee and liquor. It also has a nice balance of sweetness. And for texture, it's definitely crunchy!

My Verdict: Overall, I love the unique flavour of this product but have a feeling I will be incorporating it more into baking.

Raw Chocolate Powder

Health Benefits: High in Antioxidants, Iron & Magnesium
Price: $9.99 for 8 ounces
Suggested Uses: Can be used for desserts and baking, sauces, spreads, smoothies and beverages. It's 100% pure & certified organic, kosher, gluten-free, vegan, and raw. 
Taste/Texture: This is a Superior product and speaks for itself -- way better stuff than the cocoa powder you'd find at your grocery store. It's taste is divine!

My Verdict: This stuff makes a yummy Hot Chocolate. I loved it as a face mask too. The skin benefits greatly from Raw Foods too when applied topically. Try mixing 1 tablespoon with one teaspoon raw honey and a bit of water.  Make into a paste and apply to your face. Leave on for 10-15 minutes, rinse and moisturize as usual. Your skin will be thanking you.
  
Overall, I highly recommend Navitas Naturals as a prime source for all of  your SUPERfoods, and much more.  And to learn more about their products, I encourage you to visit their website.

Stay in touch with Navitas Naturals:

Twitter
Facebook




Disclaimer: The products reviewd in this post were sent to me by Navitas Naturals as per my request. I was NOT paid to write this review. And the opinions expressed here are 100% authentic. Those of you that are close to me, know that I will never mislead you by recommending a product or service that I didn't believe in. 
Share/Bookmark

No comments: