Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Thicker, Fuller and Longer Eye Lashes, Naturally."



I know my subject sounds like I'm about  to promote or launch a product that delivers, "Thicker, Fuller and Longer Eye Lashes." In actuality, I am not launching or promoting such a product but here to share with you how I manage to achieve healthy looking lashes, naturally. 



A Brief Overview Of My Eye Lashes:

Overall, my eye lashes are fairly healthy since I've never had any issues like hair breakage and shedding but still thought it could do with a boost. Yeah, I'm greedy. I want 'em longer and fuller:) Who wouldn't? So, in my quest to preserve my fairly healthy looking lashes, I'm  very careful with the products I choose to use on my lashes and near my eyes. And I prefer to not wear mascara on a daily basis, even if it's a natural formula.

Lash Conditioning:

In my opinion, great looking lashes should start with proper care.  You may want to read my most recent post entitled, "DIY Eye Lash Conditioning Treatment."  

My tools & products for great looking lashes: (Pictured above & to your left.)

To pull off great looking lashes, one must find the right tools to suit your needs. Although I'm not a daily mascara user, when I decide to indulge, I want my lashes to make a statement. The products and tools that never fail me are my beloved Miessence Mascara, E.L.F's Mechanical Eyelash Curler, priced at $1.50 and available at most dollar stores and the Tweezerman Folding Eyelash Comb. If you can't source the latter locally, then follow the link provided. I was able to source mine at the Rexall Pharmacy for under $12.






Steps I take for great looking lashes:

The first thing I do is to line my lashes with a liquid or pencil liner before curling and applying my first coat of mascara, then I use the Tweezerman Folding Eyelash Comb to separate my lashes.  It's important to do this while mascara is still wet.  I then repeat this process depending on the coats of mascara I am going to apply. If you follow these simple steps, I guarantee you'll always achieve great looking lashes. 



Additional tips:

  • To promote healthy eye lashes, limit your use of waterproof mascaras -- water resistant may be a better option. I find waterproof formulas can be way too harsh on the delicate eye lash hairs, especially when used on a daily basis. Some may argue this but this is my personal findings.

  • Use a natural carrier oil like Olive or Jojoba to remove your mascara. It's gentle and conditions while removing eye makeup.

  • Opt for natural mascaras since they don't contain an array of toxic substances that may cause irritation to your eyes. If you have sensitive eyes, then go  natural.

In all photos, I'm wearing 2 coats of the Miessence Pure Black Mascara.
I hope this article has inspired you go greener with your beauty products, specifically your eye lash products.

Stay Beautiful!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: